Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NYTimes: Brooklyn's New Culinary Movement

Check it out: Culinary Community

I thought this article was so cool. I wonder if DC has a neighborhood like this. I love seeing people my age getting excited about food, but also about food culture. Personally, I don't really know how to cook; I know how to read recipes. If you dropped me back in time about a hundred years, I would be completely useless. I love that people are getting out, learning about where food comes from, how it is made and sharing it with other people in their communities. I'm a firm believer that food always brings people together. Maybe I should quit my job, master some culinary genre and open up a speciality shop. Meats and cheeses perhaps?

1 comment:

becca said...

I think you should do just that!